- Speaker at the Fat Activism Conference
Tools for the Revolution
October 6-8, 2017
I am giving a talk on “The Importance of Representation and Diversity in Comics and Pop Culture”
- Teaching Illustration for Children
Seattle Central College-Continuing Education
4 Tuesdays | 5/9/17 – 5/30/17 | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Perfect Bound Podcast – May 1, 2017
Tune in to episode 116 when I will be a guest and discuss my work
- Northwest Cartoonists Cookbook
April 29, 2017, 1-3 PM at the Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
Come hang out, read my and other NW Cartoonists recipe comics, and have a slice of my key lime marshmallow meringue pie!
Fantagraphics Bookstore celebrates Independent Bookstore Day with a sumptuous reception for the Northwest Cartoonists Cookbook, a culinary minicomic created especially for the occasion.
- Teaching The Business of Comics
Seattle Central College-Continuing Education
4 Tuesdays | 4/4/17 – 4/25/17 | 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- The History of Queer Comix (presenting with Zan Christensen of NW Press) – The Power of One LGBTQ Student Leadership Conference at Bellevue College
- The Panel Jumper **Live** Chapter IV
A comic book themed cabaret event
April 14, 2017
Join us for our fourth chapter celebrating the magic of sequential storytelling– comic books! An extravaganza with Star-Trek burlesque, comedy, nerd-rock and trivia. Our very special industry guest Tatiana Gill is a Seattle-based cartoonist, illustrator and teacher whose work delves into feminism, mental health, recovery, vulnerability and body positivity while reflecting upon the diversity of women so often underrepresented in the media.
West of Lenin, 203 N 36th St, Seattle, Washington
Buy tickets here
- Patient Stories from the SKC Clinic Exhibition Celebration
March 9-April 1, 2017
A dozen comics artists captured stories from patients at the Seattle/King County Clinic, a giant, pop-up healthcare event held at Seattle Center in October 2016. Their comics journalism pieces draw attention to the diversity of people facing challenges with everyday healthcare access, and question the future of healthcare with the possible dismantling of the Affordable Care Act. Timed with the Capitol Hill Art Walk, the comic strips will be exhibited at Cupcake Royale. (the art exhibit will be on display until the end of April)
Featured artists: Jose Alaniz, Owen Curtsinger, Eroyn Franklin, Kelly Froh, Tatiana Gill, Roberta Gregory, Robyn Jordan, Megan Kelso, David Lasky, Meredith Li-Vollmer, Pat Moriarity, and ET Russian.
- Art Show at Populuxe Brewing
Populuxe is excited to present the work of Tatiana Gill. Gill is a Seattle based cartoonist who uses her art to show strength and vulnerability, reflecting the diversity of women so often underrepresented in the media. Her work will be on sale in the tasting room throughout the month of November.
Opening night party!
Populuxe Presents November Featured Artist Tatiana Gill
Friday November 4, 2017 4:30-10 PM
826 NW 49th St, Seattle, Washington 98107
- Extruder Release Party
Bastard offspring of Seattle’s notorious Intruder, the second issue of Extruder gathers a new crop of cartoonists together in one hefty volume of indie underground comix.
Whether you pick one up at the party or come with your copy from Short Run; this is your chance to hang out with the artists, get personalised copies and see original art from Extruder contributors including: Ben Horak, Lara Kaminoff, Hella Handa, Ryan Thies, John Ohannesian, Kalen Knowles, Tatiana Gill, Myra Lara, James Stanton, Morgan J K Brown, Joe Garber, Claire Donaldson, Kiriska, Alex J. Murd and Steve Mihalec, Sam Finnegan, Allen Gladfelterr, Noel Franklin, Oscar Baechler and Seth Goodkind.
Friday November 11, 2017 7-10 PM
Push/Pull – 5484 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, Washington 98107
- The most incredible Short Run is Saturday, November 5, 2016! I won’t have a table this year but I’ll be volunteering at the bake sale, 12-4pm. Come say hello!
- My art show Down To Clown (featuring original artwork from my books such as Down to Clown and Plus, along with community-colored pages from Down to Clown) is up through July 8th at the Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery!
- Clown Coloring Contest with Tatiana Gill
Saturday, June 25, 2016 1-3PM
Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
Come color pages from Tatiana Gill’s new coloring book Down to Clown. Corn dogs! Cotton candy! Caramel corn! Cool prizes! (Everyone’s a winner!) Free fun!
- Hot Off the Press 2016 Book FairSaturday, July 9, 2016 5-9PM
@ Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 9 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM as we welcome acclaimed indie comix artist Sammy Harkham and wish a fond farewell to the Intruder at the second annual Hot Off the Press book fair at Fantagraphics Bookstore! This colorful festival features tables of local handcrafted comix and zines by many of the Northwest’s most admired artists. Special guest Sammy Harkham will sign copies of the newly released Kramer’s Ergot 9 anthology as well as his alluring self-published serial Crickets. Another attraction is Seattle artist Josh Simmons signing the latest installment of Jessica Farm project, a highly conceptual comic book series designed by Harkham.
- Olympia Comics Festival Preview Night at Olympia Timberland Libraryhttp://olyblog.net/olympia-comics-festival-preview-night
Fri, June 3, 2016 – 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Come and celebrate the 16th annual Olympia Comics Festival, an event centered on
alternative, arts-for-arts-sake comic books. Two of this year’s guests of honor,
Tatiana Gill and Brandon Graham, will present their work, take audience
questions and sign copies of their books. This event will occur after regular
library hours and no other library services will be available.
All library programs are free and open to the public.
- Olympia Comics Festival
Saturday June 4, 2016- 11 AM – 9 PM
It’s Olympia’s annual celebration of creator-owned, art-for-art’s sake comic books!
Our Guests Of Honor this year are Peter Bagge (Hate, Woman Rebel, Weirdo, Mad, Founding Fathers Funnies) , Tatiana Gill (Omnibusted, Living In The Now, Plus: Body Positive Drawings), and Brandon Graham (Multiple Warheads, King City, Prophet, 8House, Island).
Festivities will consist of:
– Cartoonists Expo, 11 am – 4:30 pm, The Olympia Center (222 Columbia St NW) – Dozens of talented comic book creators offering up their wares to satisfy your penchant for purchasing and perusal! Also panel discussions, interviews, and presentations to educate, enlighten, entertain, and elate! And food trucks and other fun times! Admission to the Expo is free (but you will most likely buy some comics)!
12:30 PM – Body Positivity in comics panel with Tatiana Gill & ET Russian!
1:30 pm – Spotlight on Tatiana Gill – hear about Tat’s days in Olympia, and her books Plus, Living In The Now, & more!
– Signings with Guests Of Honor, 4 – 6 pm, Danger Room (201 W 4th Ave) – Peter Bagge, Tatiana Gill, and Brandon Graham will be signing copies of their work (which will also be available for purchase) at your friendly neighborhood Danger Room! Autographs are free.
– Stage Show, 7- 9 pm, Capitol Theater (206 5th Ave) – Essentially a variety/talk show that is all about comics! Expect a roundtable discussion from our Guests Of Honor, stand-up comedy, slideshows, a pun-off between Brandon Graham and Danger Room’s own Casey Bruce, and more! Admission is $6 (CHEAP)!
- DOWN TO CLOWN, June 11, 2016 2PM-6PM
as part of the Georgetown Carnival
https://www.facebook.com/events/586502458198031/CLOWN TOWN https://www.facebook.com/events/236135436758594/
2-4 PM Tatiana will be clowning around at the Georgetown Clown Town/Stables Clown Bar, hosting a clown coloring station with pages from her new coloring book, “Down To Clown.” Clown Town will have clowns, performances, face painting, clown art by tons of awesome artists, and more! And then Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
4-6 PM Tatiana will be at the Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery signing her new books and hosting more clown coloring fun! There will be a show of her artwork on the walls that will remain for the month of June.
- I and my “Plus” book are special guests on “Ladies Night!” at Comics Dungeon in Wallingford!
December 12, 2015
The evenings theme will be Diversity of Female Characters
- Omnibusted book launch at Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery!
November 14, 2015
- SHORT RUN!
October 31, 2015
I will be exhibiting with all my new books http://www.thestranger.com/events/22620443/short-run-comix-and-arts-festival